Spent a little too much time in the sun? We've all been there. If you find yourself a little red and tingly, this balm is the perfect salve.
For those of us located in the Southern Hemisphere, I think this would be a lovely DIY Christmas gift. Find a beautiful jar, obtain only the best essential oils (doTERRA all the way for me) and a sun bunny recipient.
· 1 tablespoon of beeswax
· 100ml jojoba oil
· 100ml Aloe Vera Gel
· 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin
· ¼ teaspoon of lemon juice (acts as a preservative)
· 18 drops of Lavender essential oil
· 18 drops of Frankincense essential oil
· 8 drops of Peppermint essential oil
· Glass jar/s or tins
· Using a double boiler, over low heat, melt the beeswax until liquid.
· Over another double boiler heat the jojoba oil and vegetable glycerin. Be careful not to overheat this mixture.
· When the beeswax is melted add it to the jojoba and vegetable glycerin. Once combined, remove from heat. Keep stirring will the mixture cools.
· In another bowl (double boiler method again) heat the aloe and lemon juice very gently, only to about 45 degrees.
· Once the jojoba, beeswax and vegetable glycerin starts to become milky, add the warm aloe and lemon juice.
· Using a stick blender, blend until the mixture has emulsified.
· When you are happy with the consistency, add the essential oils and stir again.
· Immediately pop into small jars.
Shelf life 1 month – keep refrigerated
Jojoba oil is rich in Vitamin E, has wound –healing and anti-inflammatory properties. Aloe Vera is cooling, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and hydrating. Vegetable glycerin is hydrating, beeswax is moisturising. Frankincense and Lavender essential oils assist in healing damaged skin and aid cell regeneration. Peppermint is cooling and stimulates blood flow.
If you would like to know more about how essential oils can benefit your overall emotional and physical wellness, please let me know. I am incredibly passionate about these oils and firmly believe every household needs them. Please check the ‘essential oil’ and ‘workshop’ page of this website. I have two workshops scheduled for November and would love to spend a few hours with you talking all things oils! Alternatively, drop me an email and I will be happy to chat xx
Important note. This site provides general information and discussion about health, wellness and related subjects. Nothing contained in this site is intended to be used as medical advice and it is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your own health professional's advice. If you have an illness, disease, chronic health condition or any medical concern, please consult with your health care practitioner. The author disclaims any liability or responsibility for any loss or damage incurred directly or indirectly by use of or reliance on the information provided on this site